Hospitality covers the skills and knowledge needed to work in the hospitality sector in a variety of roles including hygienic practices for food safety, preparing rooms for guests, basic safety training (survival, fire, first aid). This course also provides a pathway to employment in hospitality industries such as hotels, cafes and restaurants.
- Participate in work health and safety
- Work effectively with others
- Communication in the workplace
- Produce simple word processed documents
- Source and use information in the hospitality industry
- Show social and cultural diversity
- Provide customer information and assistance
- Serve food and beverage
- Prepare simple dishes
- Use hospitality skills effectively
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Prepare room for guests
- Basic safety training (Survival, Fire, First aid)
The hospitality course is delivered over two semesters.