The Certificate II in Electrotechnology provides the essential foundations for a career working in a variety of Electrotechnology related roles. Through this course students learn how to safely assemble electronic components, use of routine equipment and customer service.
What you will learn:
- Apply environment talk and sustainable procedures in the energy sector
- Apply OHS regulations, policies, codes and procedures in the electronics industry
- Identify and select components, accessories and materials for energy sector work activities
- Carry out routine work activities in an energy sector environment
- Use of routine equipment, plant, technologies in an energy sector environment
- Solve problems in d.c. circuits
Students are also introduced into the principles of sustainable energy and have the opportunity to acquire basic skills and knowledge of electrical principles that relate to Electrotechnology. This includes basic sustainable energy reduction in a domestic premises environment, develop skills to apply sustainable energy practices in daily activities and develop knowledge that promotes sustainable energy practices in the community.
The Certificate II in Electrotechnology is delivered over 5 terms. During the first term, all students also undertake the Vocational Preparation course.