This course shows prospective employers that you are able to repair desktop and laptop computers. It also teaches how to apply preventative measures and maintain computer systems efficiently and effectively.
What you will learn:
- Components of a personal computer
- Safety at work – how to protect people, the environment and components
- Assembly of a desktop computer
- Installation and navigation of an operating system
- Preventative maintenance
- Features and characteristics of mobile devices
- Creating a computer network
- Installing and sharing a printer
- Troubleshooting computers
The IT Hardware Skill Set is delivered over four terms with classes mostly in the evening.